Information is power – and knowing how manage a range of data accessed through a variety of technologies in support of an organisation is a valuable skill. This course is perfect for you if you want to build a portfolio of evidence for employers that shows you can provide computer-based solutions to complex problems, using the most up to date tools and technology.
If you have previously completed an appropriate HND (or equivalent) then this Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in Computing (Information Management).
The BSc Computing (Information Management) programme is designed to develop your problem solving skills and apply the theory and practical techniques in order to plan, design, develop and evaluate the right computer-based solution to a variety complex problems using up-to-date tools and technologies.
While you are building your knowledge in computer systems you will also develop a portfolio of evidence for employers.
- Strategic Information Systems
- Management in IT
- Current Trends in Networking
- Computer Systems Security
- Advanced Database Concepts
- Computing Project
To be eligible for this course you should have:
- a HND in Business or equivalent, provided that your prior learning is consistent with Level 5 of the functional areas of business (Finance, Marketing, HRM and Operations Management)
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English:
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.