BSc (Hons) Computing (Blended Learning)
Typically studied over 3 years, the BSc (Hons) Computing has a variety of modules. Each one is designed to explore the core technologies behind computing. You’ll learn to design, develop, and review a range of new and sophisticated frameworks in existing and emerging computer technologies.
When you sign up for one of our compressed blended degrees and become a student at an Arden University study centre, you get the best of both worlds. All the structure and personal tuition of a full time degree, coupled with the rich online resources and materials that our online students benefit from. This option is ideal for students who want the routine of a full time campus-based degree, without the full time commitment.
This course is available to study at our centres in Manchester, Birmingham, Tower Hill, Holborn, and Ealing.
So, what will it be like?
- You will have just 2-3 set days per week on campus
- These classes will be led by your module tutor
- During these sessions you will be encouraged to debate, discuss and ask questions to develop your understanding and acquire key skills
- Because it combines online learning you can access materials and resources online 24/7
- The online content includes tutorials, lessons, exercises, study support and chat forums
- All your coursework and assignments are uploaded to a secure online zone for marking
- You can contact a tutor or the support team via Skype, email, webchat or phone
It’s a modern, engaging way to learn that lets you balance learning with the other priorities in your life.
Course Content (Modules)
For each level of the course you will be taken on an increasingly in-depth journey into the core principles of computing. Because each module gives you a building block of knowledge you will leave with a complete and systematic understanding of computing, along with a thorough awareness of developing trends in the industry.
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Professional Development
- Computer Technology
- Website Design
- Database Design
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems in Organisations
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Data Communications
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Quality Systems in IT
- Database Implementation
- Dynamic Website Development
Year 3 (Level 6)
- Management in IT
- Current Trends in Networking
- Computer Systems Security
- e-Commerce Systems
- Computing Project
This course has standard entry requirements. To be eligible for this course through the standard entry requirements you must have either:
• Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
• Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
• IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If you have work experience
We are happy to consider an application from you if you can show us you have the motivation to study the programme.
We’ll ask you for a personal statement that demonstrates your ability to study the course. We’ll also ask you for references and evidence of relevant work experience
Don’t have any of the above?
We also offer this course as a 4 year degree which includes a foundation year. This first year prepares you for university level study. It’s perfect if you don’t have the formal qualifications or work experience required above.Sign-up or log in to apply