We offer this online Psychology Degree with an integrated Foundation Year to give you the skills you need to succeed at the undergraduate level, laying the perfect groundwork for your undergraduate psychology studies.
After completing this foundation year, you’ll start the second year of your online Psychology Degree at Arden University with a thorough introduction to all the core topics within Psychology. You will then go on to focus on understanding research methods, and developing statistical skills which will teach you how to design your own research.
You’ll get the chance to engage with some contemporary debates through the key studies module – so you’ll develop a great range of skills as well as general knowledge of Psychology. Your skills will be further developed in your final year as you study modules on both quantitative and qualitative methods.
We know our students lead busy lives and so with our Distance Learning model, you’ll have 24/7 access to our online learning portal, iLearn, so you can schedule your studies around your life.
To support your learning, this online learning environment includes a ‘My Study Skills’ area which offer insightful information about the key skills that are needed for this level of study. Covering topics like academic writing, how to effectively take notes, practical thinking and more.
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime & Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Introduction to Studying Psychology
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Research Methods I
- Introduction to Research Methods II
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Personality & Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Brain & Behaviour
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Occupational Psychology
- Mental Health & Illness
- Research Project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
Candidates for our Distance Learning Foundation Psychology Degree are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
You also need a GCSE Maths Grade C or equivalent.
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).