This programme will top-up your foundation degree in a sport related area. It will provide you with a high level of knowledge and practical skills, to prepare you for a successful career in the sport and leisure industry. You will explore the science behind sport, human movement and physical activity.
You will undertake a work placement alongside studying the effects of sport on human physiology, psychology, anatomy, biomechanics and biochemistry.
This programme provides students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment. You will apply your knowledge and understanding in a range of relevant situations that develop transferable skills required for lifelong learning.
The underpinning course objectives are as follows:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of topics in sport and exercise that are directly related to job opportunities in the sector in the North East of England.
- Evidence the development of professional work related skills including the need to meet ethical issues, health and safety, relevant legislation and professional codes of conduct.
- Demonstrate analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information that underpin sport and exercise.
- Demonstrate a range of transferrable employability skills and skills for lifelong learning and use self-reflection, self-appraisal and independent approaches to learning.
- Applied Sport and Exercise Project
- Intervention Strategies in Physical Activity
- Applied Sport and Exercise Support
- Organising Development Strategies in Sport
- The Reflective Sports Coach.
You will hold:
- A relevant Level 5 qualification in a sport and exercise related subject.
- A minimum of grade C (or equivalent) in GCSE English and maths, or a science.
- Evidence of interest and experience within a relevant sport and/or exercise field.
- A successful interview with the programme leader.
What next after BSc (Hons) top-up Sport and Exercise Development?
You could progress to a masters degree or a variety of graduate level jobs in the sport and recreation industry.