BSc (Hons) top-up Business Computing (Part-time)
The computing sector is experiencing more growth than any other area of business, which means computing graduates will be in demand by employers. This new and dynamic programme focuses on computing in business, and offers the perfect opportunity to top-up your foundation degree to a degree in an IT related area.
This course will help you to develop a career as a business computing professional in areas such as web programming, IT management, software development, and information analysis. You will study modules that focus on areas such as research methods, business intelligence, project management, mobile application, digital media business and marketing and social media.
The course aims to facilitate learning for students with varied interests and specialisms and is appropriate for learners wishing to enter employment in a range of computing disciplines including:
- IT Consultant
- Web Development
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Project Management.
Students will need to include consideration of modules achieved at Foundation Degree level.
- Research Methods – this module aims to introduce a variety of research methodologies and examines how to specify and contextualise a research problem, collect data, analyse and present data and evaluate the methodology applied.
- Business Intelligence – this module examines the most significant technologies associated with business intelligence, big data and data analytics with an emphasis on applications in the corporate sector.
- Project Management – this module aims to develop a modern approach to the design, implementation and management of IT related projects by applying latest principles, techniques and research.
- Mobile Application Project – this module involves the development of a substantial artefact related to digital media. This will be accompanied with a detailed report and presentation to demonstrate and discuss the end product.
- Computing Project - this module enables learners to explore computing, information and communications technologies in substantial depth. It provides learners with the opportunity to develop their abilities in solution development and gain practical experience of independent learning and reflective practice in solution development.
- Social Media – This module examines developments in communication channels and the business implications of social media technologies. You will develop a sound appreciation of the applications and opportunities for the commercial sector to capitalize on social media.
Thursday:9am-5pm Friday: 9am-5pm
Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Standard Entry Requirements are as followed:
- Applicants should be working towards, or have attained, a Level 5 qualification (HND/ FdSc/ international equivalent 120 ECTS credits) in a related discipline.
- All applicants must be interviewed by the curriculum team - International applicants may be interviewed via Skype.
- To have or be working towards Level 2 or equivalent in maths and English Language (or a minimum 5.5 IELTS in each band for international applicants).
What next after BSc (Hons) top-up Business Computing?
You could progress to a master's degree or apply for a wide range of graduate level jobs in the industry.