Haslers are offering an entry level position ideally suited to students completing A Levels. The Accounts Trainee will receive on the job training while being sponsored to complete professional qualifications. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with accounts preparation and will increase responsibilities in line with experience and progression with AAT exams.
This is an entry level position ideally suited to recent students completing A ‘Levels. The Accounts Trainee will be responsible for assisting with accounts preparation work within the BSG team. Responsibilities will increase in line with experience and progression with AAT exams.
- Assist in preparing accounts for clients
- sole traders, partnerships, Limited Companies and Groups of Companies
- Bookkeeping on cloud accounting software.
- Carry out specific elements of accounts assignments either in the office or at client’s premises using Haslers’ IT systems and ensuring processes adhered to.
- Prepare VAT Returns for clients, under the supervision of more senior staff.
- Check-in and return client books and documents.
- Liaise with client queries
- Scan client records and documents
- Keep own Time sheets and recording onto CCH
- Liaise with clients in person, by phone or by e-mail as required ensuring Firm’s standards adhered to
- Assist in other departments (Tax, Insolvency, Admin) where required
- Any other tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
Who We are Looking For?
- Resent A’ Level students with a minimum 3 A levels at B grade or above in academic subjects
- preferably finance related plus minimum Grade B in Maths and English at GCSE
- Previous work experience in a customer facing role is an advantage, as is the ability to display maturity and work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written English are essential
- Organised approach to work and strong attention to detail.
- Highly numerate
- Confidence to build internal and external relationships
- Strong IT skills including Word and Excel are essential. Experience of accountancy software an advantage.
- A willingness to study for the AAT examinations is essential. Whilst the Company give study leave, candidates must be willing to devote a considerable amount of time to studying in the evenings and at weekends.
What We can Offer You?
- Excellent career opportunities in a well-respected growing Accountancy Firm
- The Trainee will be on the Higher Apprentice Scheme.
- Structured on the job and sponsored training programmes for professional exams
- Flexible working & a strong ethos to support staff wellbeing and work/life balance
- Prospects for promotion available for outstanding candidates once exam qualified
- Opportunity to get involved in Firm wide social, charitable and environmental initiatives
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension and bonus
Qualifications Required: A’ Level students with a minimum 3 A levels at B grade or above in academic subjects - preferably finance related plus minimum Grade B in Maths and English at GCSE