BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health & Social Care
No formal qualifications are needed but you should have basic literacy skills and a reference from your school and/or employer.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course has been designed to provide a broad education in health & social care as a basis for further training, further and higher education or for moving into employment. Students can develop the general skills, knowledge and understanding, that underpins a range of occupations or professions.
Course units include:
- Health & social care needs
- Personal care in health & social care
- Creative activities for children
- Creative and leisure activities for adults in health & social care
- Promoting healthy eating
- Communication with adults and children in health & social care
- Job opportunities in health & social care
- Health & social care group project.
Work experience is an integral part of the course and students will be assisted to find a work placement.
Theory lessons, practical sessions and group discussions
How is the course assessed
Units are assessed through completion of work booklets, presentations, classwork and functional skills tests.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care or CACHE Level 2 Certificate/ Diploma in Introduction to Early Years Education and Care, a traineeship or employment as a care assistant.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a care assistant.Sign-up or log in to apply