BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services
4 GCSEs grade D or above including English and maths or a relevant Level 1 course including English and maths.
You will also need to provide a good school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Prison Service, Private Security Services, Armed Forces, Revenue and Customs.
Course units include:
- The role and work of the Public Services
- Working skills in the public sector services
- Citizenship, society and the Public Services
- Crime and its effects on society and individuals
- Employment in the Public Services
- Health, fitness and lifestyle for the Public Services
- Land navigation by map and compass.
Outdoor activities will form an important part of the course.
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, exams, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments along with a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Public
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in The Police or Armed Forces, as a firefighter, paramedic or in a range of sport, leisure and business organisations.
How to Apply
Please press the apply button below.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.Sign-up or log in to apply