BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services
Not taking applications
4 GCSEs grade D or above including English and maths or a relevant Level 1 course including English and maths.
You will also need to provide a good school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Prison Service, Private Security Services, Armed Forces, Revenue and Customs.
Course units include:
- Public Service Skills
- Employment in the uniformed public services
- Career planning for the public services
- Improving health and fitness for entry to the uniformed public services
- Sport and recreation in the Public Services
- Expedition skills in public services
- Land navigation by map and compass
Outdoor activities will form an important part of the course.
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, exams, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments along with a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Public Services (Uniformed).
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in The Police or Armed Forces, as a firefighter, paramedic or in a range of sport, leisure and business organisations.