Builders Merchants Branch Apprentice, Aylesbury
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Aylesbury remove
Branch Apprentice Vacancy in Aylesbury!
When our customers visit a Buildbase branch, we want to leave them with just one impression; that we are a brilliant Builders Merchant.
But what is a Builders Merchant and who are Buildbase?
A Builders Merchant sells building and construction materials to a range of different customers, from long-standing builders with years of experience in their trade to the do it yourself DIYers. As for Buildbase, we are one of the UK’s fastest growing builders’ merchants. We trade from hundreds of locations around the UK, all our branches are long-established companies which have been serving local trades people for many years with the knowledge and experience to match. You can expect reliable stock levels and the highest standards in service. Buildbase are part of the Grafton Group which is a FTSE 250 company.
Whether you are serving people in branch, working in the warehouse, or out interacting with customers in the yard, your role is to help our customers get the first-class service they deserve. That might mean answering a simple question, loading a vehicle or taking care of a more complex issue, such as advising a customer on specific products to enable them to complete their latest project.
We are looking for someone who can thrive in a customer focused environment, who enjoys problem solving and has the motivation to progress in their career.
What it’ll be like:
- You will initially take on the role of a Branch Assistant, learning all areas of the branch
- You will spend 20% of your time doing work-based learning, this will be done in your branch
Are you Buildbase material?
You don’t need to have any previous experience or qualifications, because we’ll help you learn everything you need to know.
You do however need to:
- Be committed to learn
- Be a brilliant communicator
- Have a “can do” attitude
- Be open to getting stuck in and helping wherever needed
What’s in it for you?
- All our Apprentices receive £5 per hour
- A permanent contract from day one
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A dedicated training plan, fully supported by a Training Development officer who will be on hand when you need them
- Access to a great discounted shopping website
- A generous staff discount scheme
- You will be assigned a mentor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- An opportunity to win our Apprentice of the Year Award
- Genuine career and development opportunities
- NVQ Level 2 in Trade Business Services on completion of your training (which usually takes around 12 months)
Our working hours are Monday – Friday between 7.30am and 5.00pm with alternate Saturdays 8.00am – 12.00pm (different arrangements apply to employees who are under 18 years of age)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Sign-up or log in to apply