Working as an Assistant to builders and carpenters onsite
Tasks could include:
- Shadowing industry professional
- Monitoring progress of projects
- Helping prepare site reports
- Gaining valuable Carpentry and construction work experience
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high-quality work experience placement.
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 to 20 weeks depending on your existing qualifications. Our tutors follow you across your program so that you can complete functional skills (math & English if needed) and other professional qualification.
The Traineeship is aimed to give you CV and Interview Skills, real work experience with an employer, and an employer reference at the end of your placement.
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
You will gain the skill and experience to take you career to the next level. There may be further opportunities available with the company for outstanding candidates.
- 2 available
- 12 weeks
For this role you will need:
- Effective communication skills
- Positive Role model
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Team player
- Desire to learn