Maersk is the largest shipping and container logistics company in the world. A $40bn organisation with over 85,000 people, we ship roughly 20% of the world’s container freight. We’re bringing our organisation together to become an integrated container shipping and logistics company, fundamentally re-thinking how we do business.
Improving our customer experience is a core priority. Technology systems are an integral part of this change. We're re-crafting both our customer-facing systems and our data-intensive operational ones, to provide outstanding services and experience to our customers.
The Maersk Academy is a comprehensive training and development programme for those wanting to join Maersk. When joining the Academy Apprenticeship Programme, you will be offered a two-year training contract which will bring you into the world’s largest logistics and utilities organisation in a supernumerary position.
Once part of Maersk, you will be offered a range of placements aimed at developing your personal and professional skills. Each placement will last between 3 to 6 months, allowing you to gain experience in different departments.
Whilst part of the Academy, you may have the opportunity to travel to one of our 157 offices which are based in 130 countries.
Maersk is an exciting and fast paced organisation that provides an environment that will work with you to develop your skills and ensure that your ambition and drive is fully utilised.
This position is perfect for those looking to get a head start in the world of IT. This position will give you a comprehensive insight into the IT backbone of a multinational organisation and the importance of Business Administrators within the organisation.
On graduation of your apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 3 Business Administration qualification, which will also pay an increased salary.
Main role: As an apprentice, you will be responsible for:
- Diary Management
- Organisation of meetings
- Maintaining minutes
- Co-ordinate recruitment activities with offshore HR Teams
- Project management of internal non-technical initiatives
- Analysis of Data and presentation of this data
- Consolidation of reports and publishing
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Keeping up to date with current trends in IT
- Performs other tasks defined by manager
- Supporting in the day-to-day operations of the department
- A strong passion and interest in IT
- An understanding of Microsoft Packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communicator
- Able to build business relationships
- Drive and ambition to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Team worker
5 GCSE's, A*-C grade - including Maths & English.
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Free gym membership and Maersk football team
- Relaxed dress code every day with casual Fridays
- Monthly social events
- Maersk Cycle to Work scheme
- Free town center car parking
- Free Bupa Healthcare
- Eye Care Voucher scheme
- Personal Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
At the end of the training contract, we will invite our Academy apprentices to undertake an assessment centre to be considered for a full-time employment opportunity.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.