Surrey Heath Borough Council are responsible for providing services including benefits, car parking, community safety, elections, environmental health, housing needs, leisure and parks, licensing, planning, street cleaning and kerbside waste.
We work in partnership with Surrey County Council as well as the 4 individual Parish Councils to provide full support to people/organisations within the area.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Commercial and Community Development Team with the planning and delivery of a range of high-profile events including the Surrey Youth Games, Surrey Heath Sports Awards and the Council’s Triathlon events.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- The Community Development Apprentice will support ongoing community programmes such as ‘Tennis in the Park’ and ‘Walking for Health’
- You will be working to assist in the recruitment of volunteers to assist ongoing projects
- This role will also allow the successful candidate to network with industry colleagues and gain a solid understanding of how public services are delivered at a local level.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Team player
- Enthusiastic with positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Adaptable to a variety of tasks
- Honesty and integrity
5 GCSE grades A - C or equivalent including English and Maths.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.