Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) is a core member of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG), a Tokyo-based bank holding company that is ranked among the largest 25 banks globally by assets under management. The bank carries out the majority of its activities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
This role will involve:
- Providing independent control of key credit terms and conditions for all credit limits.
- Providing support to EMEA marketing areas by registering all limit related transactions in the banks booking systems.
- Providing effective reconciliation of limit related data between GBR and the banks main operating systems.
- Reconcile bookings on the Global Gateway System against the banks operating systems.
- Preparation and distribution of Instruction Sheets on the Global Gateway System.
- Preparation and distribution of control reports relating to Gateway activity.
- Execution of consistency check between lending documentation and credit approval in GBR in relation to GGS limits.
- Provide support with the development and testing of upgrades / fixes on the Global Gateway System.
- Report and monitor credit limit breaches in the Banks operating systems in the EMEA Region, ensuring business departments provide explanations and action to rectify the situation.
- Input limits data to the banks booking systems in relation to foreign exchange, money market and overdraft products.
- Support project work where required, including necessary system testing.
- Regularly review and maintain internal procedures.
- Preparation and distribution of ad hoc reports in relation to limits.
- Prepare and distribute reports in relation to limits, including, but not limited to GBR Control Card, Guarantee Fulfilment reports, Global Gateway System.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department
- Promote a control culture to ensure the Section accurately captures all transactions in the Bank’s core processing systems.
Desirable personal qualities:
- Well organised, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Forward thinking and confident in challenging existing processes where improvements or enhanced controls are required.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and takes the initiative to provide high quality levels of service to both the Bank’s internal and external customers.
- Displays professional confidence when interfacing with internal or external stakeholders on subject matters relating to their own business stream.
- Ability to bring a solution based approach to issues, working with the team to move transactions forward.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written Communication Skills
- A minimum of two A-levels in either Maths or an IT related subject (equivalent qualifications accepted)
- GCSE Maths at Grade C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.