Business Administration Apprentice - London (W1T) - 9367
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- London remove
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career?Start here, apply now!
You will be working for?
An academic publishing company which enables access to the latest research for everyone globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, friendly, and supportive team that is transforming academic publishing, to learn how this industry works and the different roles within a publishing company.
Be part of QA' s 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this role, you will be?
- Monitoring incoming support requests and system queries from external users, and responding to them
- Maintaining and extending the company' s online Help Centre
- Updating the journal websites using a Content Management System
- Compiling and sending monthly newsletters
- Producing reports on articles and books that have been submitted, to in-house staff
- Following-up external authors and editors about any delays to their work
- Working with in-house staff to promote books and journals
- Learning the tools used to manage books and journals, and delivering training in these tools to customers
- Monitoring and administering comments on articles and books
- With the finance team, producing spreadsheets for an external billing agency to use to invoice customers
- With the operations team, managing suppliers
Starts with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of 10 days of in-centre training in combination with work-based assessment, covering:IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling.
You will gain a Microsoft Office Specialist qualifications and City &Guilds Level 3 in Business &Administration. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning GBP 25k in a business role.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have?
- A proactive attitude and will be a clear and confident communicator
- A keenness to learn new processes and will be a problem solver
- The ability to be comfortable with tech and internet
- High standards and an eye for detail
- An interest in how academic research is communicated, will be open, honest and well organised
- 5 GCSE Grades ( C and above)or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Daily working hours are from 9: 30am-5: 30pm, Monday-Friday
- A supportive learning environment
- Interesting and varied work, in a company `doing good'in the world
- You will be an integral part of a successful and experienced team - your input will be valued!
- Exposure to the wider business, including full understanding of the business plan, and how your role fits in with it
- You will gain an understanding of academic publishing, in particular the editorial processes which ensure the quality of the work published
- You will gain an understanding of how to manage offshore suppliers, who perform business processes on behalf of the company - including cultural awareness for working successfully with Indian companies
- You will gain an understanding of agile technical development project management methods
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship?
This is a fast growing business in the academic publishing sector. There are opportunities for you to gain a permanent position at a higher salary within the company - and the real experience, responsibility, and transferable skills gained will serve you well within or outside the sector.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply