We are seeking an apprentice who is motivated and keen to develop their skills in business administration and facilities management. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills in a front facing role.
The post holder will provide proactive and customer focused business administrative support as part of the facilities department. The post holder will be assigned specific areas of responsibility which will include a range of duties including document management, database management, raising and receipting purchase orders and delivering exceptional customer service to our internal and external clients.
To provide administrative, customer service and business support to the Facilities Department as directed by the Facilities Assistant Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take responsibility for specified areas of administrative facilities customer service support and develop and maintain an understanding of those areas, and any associated systems.
- To provide excellent customer service to RBFRS internal clients including departments and fire stations, and liaising with external clients including contractors, Fire Authority Members and the community using verbal and non-verbal communication
- Acting as cover for RBFRS front desk reception team. Duties include; answering non-emergency calls, meeting and greeting internal & external clients, distribution of incoming and outgoing post, meeting room management, catering requests, assisting with producing ID cards & issuing access control to the service.
- Updating document management including the maintenance of paperless filing systems and assisting with the upkeep of facilities maintenance records.
- Supporting the delivery of departmental service plan objectives and tasks.
- Raising and receipting purchase orders for the facilities department.
- Updating data entry for RBFRS in-house IT systems.
- Assisting with minute taking of contractor and departmental meetings when required.
- Assisting with the incoming defects and requests from other RBFRS departments and fire stations.
- Assist with fire alarm testing and onsite fire drill evacuations.
- Diary management including an awareness of work programmes and associated deadlines.
- To assist the Facilities Assistant Manager when directed and as required with ongoing projects for the service.
Qualifications Required: Five GCSE's A-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English, as well as two A levels (or equivalent) applicants awaiting results in2021 can apply.