Business Administration Apprenticeship - Watford (WD17) - 4556
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
The company has been in operation since 2002, and developed organically as an extension to the many other building and property related services already on offer from Mace. The company had been providing facilities management services since the mid-1990's, often in support of significant construction projects. For instance, whilst building the new headquarters for British Airways at Waterside, we were challenged to help with the mobilisation of the support services required to manage this significant facility.
Following the success of this project, other clients sought to use our expertise to help with a variety of operational issues related to the management of property. It was clear that the market was ready for a new type of facilities management and Macro was created, bringing together the experience and track record of both Mace and an industry leading management team.
Macro quickly established its reputation with a number of keynote projects and through strategic acquisition of a number of regional facilities management businesses including FM24 in London, Maxim in the North of England and FIMS in Scotland.
Today Macro is operational on 4 continents and provides strategic and tactical facilities management services on projects as diverse as Invesco' s property portfolio, to running the operation of the Emirates Air Line.
This is an opportunity to join the Macro Group Services team covering Finance, Procurement and Quality, Health, Safety &Environment ( QHSE) , which provides essential and proactive support, to the operational teams in the UK and international territories within which Mace Macro operates.
Starting with a 12-18 month business administration apprenticeship, which consists of classroom, based training combined with work-based experience covering IT skills, Stakeholder relationships, Administration and Query resolution.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the departmental head with the implementation of policies, procedures and standards
- Assist with the implementation of all mobilisation process documentation
- Support recruitment processes for the new accounts
- Co-ordinate training requests for employees
- Attend meetings and produce minutes
- Assist with monthly and weekly reports
- Produce basic documentation
- Perform general administration tasks including scanning photocopying and printing
- Attend forums and meetings
- Promote management systems to all staff
- Data input into in-house databases
- Process invoices and credit notes for both suppliers and subcontractors
- Deal with queries - telephone/email/face to face
- Administration and maintenance of the business' s global Supply Chain Management system
- Assisting with system implementation and rollout
- Supporting the team with production of departmental reports, minutes and acting as a point of contact for general enquiries
- Maintaining the Contract Register and supporting external and internal staff with queries and completing signatories where necessary
- Ad-hoc duties may include additional supporting projects from commercial managers
Desired skills and qualities
- Bright enthusiastic applicant, with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Good time keeping
3 x GCSE ( or equivalent)at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths ( or equivalents)at grade D or above
- 22 days of holiday, plus two `Mace Days'to support work-life balance, bank holidays and December holiday shut down
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions and membership fees
- Season ticket loan
- Annual health screening
- Private medical insurance
- Dental plan
- Sponsorship of education schemes ( on approval)
- Continuous on the job training and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.