Thorntons has grown significantly over the last four years following a number of strategic mergers and investments. Throughout its successful expansion, the focus has remained the same, to always provide the highest quality legal advice and service, when and where clients need it. We are ambitious. And while we expect the highest standards from our people, we recognise and value the contribution they make to our business - and our success. We see the whole person, not just the person in the workplace - and we’re aware that everyone has busy lives outside work. Many of our lawyers are able to work flexibly and our advanced technology allows people to benefit from agile working. Its simple common sense: do our best for our people and they’ll do their best for us. At Thorntons we pride ourselves on doing what is right, and as two time winners of the Scottish Business Insider Employer of the Year Awards you can see why solicitors choose, and enjoy a career with Thorntons.
- Supporting with the collection, distribution and preparation of internal mail, Royal Mail and DX (Legal Post) mail on a daily basis.
- Scanning, Photocopying and filing
- Support with all variations of typing required within a legal environment.
- Providing reception cover when appropriate, welcoming all visitors to the office in a friendly, helpful and professional manner and dealing with incoming calls and transferring to the correct person
- Organisation and booking of meeting rooms and supporting with meeting room set up, including equipment for meetings and events
- Organisation and arrangement of catering for meetings and events and clearing rooms as required
- Providing administrative cover in all aspects of support services during periods ofholiday, sickness
- Any other administrative duties as required
- Enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent presentation appropriate to a client facing role in a professional services environment
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to manage your own workload and use your initiative when required
- Work well as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic IT skills and a desire to learn new IT skills
- Good timekeeping
37hrs per week
Competitive apprenticeship salary with salary review on programme completion
25 days holiday plus 7 public holidays
Contributory Pension scheme, Employee Health Care Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, etc.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.