Business Administration Level 3 Apprentice
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- Swindon remove
We are the public body that looks after England`s historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them.
We are keen to find a Business Administration Apprentice to join our organisation, supporting in the delivery of the excellent Pensions administration service within our HR team.
This is the perfect opportunity for somebody wanting to take their first steps into a varied Business Administration role. We are eager to teach you all of the technical skills required, but what you will need is the ability to work accurately, taking pride in your work.
We`re looking for a curious and dedicated individual who has a real interest in helping us to deliver on key pension scheme projects for the next 18 months. Ultimately, you are the future of our industry, so we`d like to learn from you as much as teach you.
Our team provides a full range of pay and reward services to Historic England and a pension service to English Heritage, a registered Charity. Both organisations are participants in the Civil Service Pension Scheme. The pension scheme is a key part of our overall reward package.
You will be primarily responsible for assisting our Pensions and Reward Co-ordinator with pension data management. This will involve coordinating and supporting the operation of all aspects of our pension schemes. In addition, you will be able to provide support and gain experience for some other areas of the HR team as a whole, as and when required.
We will help you to develop an understanding of pensions and the scheme rules to support our pensions lead in ensuring that effective and compliant internal processes and procedures are in place, in areas such as:
- Investigating and resolving simple and more complex queries relating to employees` and ex-employees` pension data
- Assessing new joiner pension questionnaires
- Manipulating data in spreadsheets to assist in solving data issues using various Excel functions, such as vlookup and Pivot tables.
- Analytical skills and numerical reasoning
- Strong Excel analysis and data manipulation skills and literacy in other MS Office applications
- Ability to apply a logical, structured and methodical approach to work and to problem solving
- Accuracy and ability to spot potential issues in complex data sets.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise self effectively
- Tenacity and determination to resolve issues and problems
- Strong verbal communication skills
Personal qualities required:
- Ability to communicate effectively to people at all levels
- Ability to form effective relationships internally and with external third-party providers and internal departments/teams
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Inventive, tenacious and proactive approach
- Achieves results through team working
- Robust judgement and willingness to propose solutions when information is incomplete or ambiguous
- Actively seeks and embraces feedback
You will benefit from an unrivalled opportunity in this apprenticeship, where you will gain unique exposure to pensions and reward whilst being a key part of the wider HR team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 28th January 2019.
Ideally we will start our new apprentice in post in early 2019.Sign-up or log in to apply