The Business Administration Trainee will provide administrative support to the Family Team. An integral member of the practices Family team, the person will be friendly and smartly presented, professional and punctual.
- Photocopying documents and correspondence and scanning the same to emails as and when required.
- Answering the telephone, assisting with client enquiries both on the telephone and face-to-face and taking messages when required.
- Making appointments and using Outlook calendar and tasks.
- Liaising with other law firms, authorities, barristers chambers and other third parties.
- To assist with billing of clients in accordance with established procedures of the department and practice
- Filing of correspondence and documents and keeping records up-to-date, ensuring that all files are maintained to the Lexcel standard.
- Assisting with the closing and archiving of client files.
- Preparing mail for posting/emailing/faxing.
- To maintain a diary in Outlook, entering Court dates, reminder notes and other key dates into the diary where appropriate and ensure deadlines are met.
- Producing and completing paperwork as per our Lexcel-compliant procedures, including parties’ names, addresses and contact details for file opening, ongoing management, archiving and file closure procedures.
- Occasionally covering reception/collecting or taking post and DX/banking to fill in when required and as requested by the Practice Manager.
- To carry out additional tasks reasonably delegated by the Directors or Practice Manager.
At Mewies Solicitors we pride ourselves on being a well-established Skipton firm with traditional values, but we like to think that we apply our legal professionalism with modern minds and integrity. You will receive exceptional legal advice from us at a fair price. We value personal and client relationships and will always act in your best interests.
Our lawyers in Skipton offer a wide range of both private client and commercial services including conveyancing, Wills & probate, family & divorce, employment law and dispute resolution.
When dealing with Mewies Solicitors you can expect us to be:
- Friendly to deal with
- Approachable, easy to talk to and get hold of
- Reliable in our working practices and relationships
- Pragmatic in our problem solving capabilities