The Principal Corporation was formed over 30 years ago, and has grown from three people to a team of over 100. The company is still privately owned, and still expanding, thanks to exceptional product knowledge and customer service.
We expect the best from our staff- and we therefore only employ the best. You'll not only be good in your specialist field, but also have an eye on the future, love our fast-paced, proactive environment, and above all be a team player: everyone at Principal has their part to play.
Principal is looking for an enthusiastic, bright and proactive Business Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks within our Administration department.
The role is to provide administrative assistance across several areas of the business. The duties will be varied and will evolve over time. As a result, flexibility and initiative are critical for the role. Applicants must be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently as the need arises.
This is a busy and varied position requiring a really good all-rounder.
Excellent communication and IT skills are required to be successful in this role. The administrative assistant will be responsible for managing their time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
This is an exciting prospect for an adaptable and hardworking candidate to join a growing company that will provide training and support to allow you to develop your skills and commercial knowledge.
- Administrative support to the Administration Department (this would include filing, photocopying, dealing with post, archiving)
- Creating and updating records and databases
- Reception duties - You will be required to work at the reception desk 2/3 times a week
- Maintaining the meeting rooms booking system
- Taking of minutes for internal meetings
- Providing customer support
- Ad hoc duties as when required for example making refreshments for visitors
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Effective time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in MS Office
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject.
- Plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
A full-time position may be available at the end of the apprenticeship for the person who is “the right fit”.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.