At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Where you start with us doesn't determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they've worked in. The apprenticeship scheme offers you an opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst collaborating alongside industry specialists and professionals.
Functions and responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Effectively use IdeaPoint database to handle proposal submission and collaboration tracking
- Engage with communications team to participate in internal and external comms strategy
- Manage interactions between internal colleagues and external researchers in collaboration discussions
- Develop relationships with internal project teams
- Take some accountability for the external Open Innovation website
- Participate in Open Innovation team activities and discussions
- Assist Open Innovation program manager in team support including organising and running meetings, setting agendas, taking minutes and following up on actions
- Manage logistics and prioritise workload
- Develop understanding of, and work within the boundaries of Business Development and Intellectual Property guidelines specific to the Open Innovation program
Training and Development
AstraZeneca will support you through your Business Administrator apprenticeship https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0 with Paragon Skills.
The apprenticeship combines working, earning a full-time salary, with fully funded part-time learning (equating to 20% off the job each week). This will give you the opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification, just as you would if you went to college full-time, with the advantage of gaining relevant work-life skills and the excitement of helping to develop new medicines whilst taking your first steps towards an exciting career.
If you feel you fulfil our brief of being driven, determined and hard-working, we will reward you with ‘on the job’ technical skills and training whilst directly funding and supporting you through your apprenticeship. We will enable you to make the most of your abilities and your passion to help patients whilst fulfilling your personal career aspirations.
Essential skills/capabilities required:
We would be looking for the following attributes from our successful applicants:
- Enthusiastic individuals who are keen to learn and with a genuine curiosity for the science involved in creating new medicines.
- Able to act independently but also to work and contribute in a team environment
- Good organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work on multiple tasks and understanding how to prioritise
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9 to 4, including Maths and English
To have achieved or predicted to achieve one A level at a grade C
This is a 2-year fixed term contract opportunity based at Cambridge, UK and offering £13,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Opening date of advert: 4th January 2021
Closing date of advert: 19th March 2021
Successful candidates will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on 30th April 2021.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.