Business Administrator,MRS Training & Rescue- Mansfield
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- Mansfield remove
About the employer:
MRS Training & Rescue are looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice.
For over 100 years, MRS Training & Rescue (formerly known as Mines Rescue Service), has developed specialist skills, experience and knowledge gained from working in difficult and potentially dangerous environments, to effect the rescue and escape of mine workers from underground.
However, given the gradual decline of the coal mines over many years, culminating in the closure of the last deep coal mine in December 2015, we have been able to expand and diversify to meet the needs of today’s health and safety market.
We offer a comprehensive range of health and safety training to a wide range of industries. We have developed our specialist skills, experience and knowledge from working in difficult and potentially high risk environments, and our team of qualified trainers not only provide expert training, but can impart real life scenarios of situations they have faced, to bring the learning to life.
We have been able to secure long term success by leveraging our expertise, and have branched out from underground mining into providing unique rescue services, specialist equipment (some of which has been designed using practical expertise gathered on the job), consultancy and a comprehensive range of accredited health and safety related products, training and services to a wide range of industries, including nuclear, aerospace, manufacturing and utilities.
About the role:
Initially, you will be learning the role, the business and embedding yourself into the team. An excellent understanding and grasp of the English Language is a must. It is essential that you are able to communicate in a professional but friendly manner as you will need to communicate at all levels within the business and to clients as well.
Understanding technology and software is a prerequisite for this role. Once trained, we expect you to flourish within our environment.
The role is extremely important to the business as the right person will be the first point of contact for the company’s clients from a customer service perspective and you will be responsible for liaising with staff members as well.
You will have supervision and support within the company, whilst working towards Business Administration Apprenticeship.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Answering the telephone & directing calls
- Dealing with customer enquiries on the phone, by email and by way of quotations
- Producing and preparing paper work for clients
- Dealing with goods in and goods out including despatch notes and labelling
- Processing course bookings on the accessplanit booking system
- Use of Microsoft office suite
- Greeting clients /visitors
- Database management
- General administration and supportive duties
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with the post.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
The Person Specification
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities:
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 5
- Good Numeracy and Literacy Skills
- IT Skills and a knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Time Management Skills
- Team Player
- Good organisational skills
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Hardworking and able to follow instructions
- Experience in working in an office environment
Employer: MRS Training & Rescue
Location: Leeming Lane South,Mansfield Woodhouse, NG19 9AQ
Standard: Business Administration Level 2
Duration: 15 months
Weekly wage: £150
Hours per week: 37½
Monday - Friday 08.30 - 16.30 (including ½hr lunch break)
Pay frequency: Monthly
Assisted Travel: No
Sign-up or log in to apply