Business Analyst Apprenticeship 2018 - Thurnscoe (Nr Barnsley)
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- South Yorkshire remove
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – office based right here in Thurnscoe near Barnsley.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
The role will have a data analysis focus, which will involve using various existing systems and software to generate data which, in turn, will be interrogated, manipulated and turned into useful management information for our clients. This could be in the form of electronic dashboards, MS Excel reports or MS PowerPoint presentations.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme as a Data Analyst Apprentice with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive data analysis support to our business. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
You will study for and be expected to pass Higher (level 4) Data Analyst within 2yrs.
Your responsibilities as a Data Analyst Apprentice include:
- Developing your skills in data analyse and IT
- Assist in the gathering of data from various systems and software tools
- Assist in the creation and distribution of management information reports
- Working with clients to understand their unique reporting requirements
- Effective record keeping, filing and updating KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Produce timely and accurate internal reports as agreed with line manager
- Provide general administration support to line manager and wider team
- Achieves accurate information upload to designated database
- Delivers effective communication to team members, business colleagues and clients.
- Achieves accurate distribution of information to line manager and clients
- Achieves timely and accurate production and distribution of reports
- Effectively communicates with line manager
- Demonstrates competency in analysing data and transforming into information (through narrative or visual clarity)
- Identifies errors and anomalies in large data sets and effectively troubleshoots them
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values and Behaviours
- Participate in Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status.
Who we’re looking for:
The following qualifications are essential::
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- 2 A Levels
- Completed an advanced( level 3) apprenticeship in Construction or Technical occupation
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Communication, interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Good IT and computing skills
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Sign-up or log in to apply