Wates Residential, part of the Wates Group, is one of the UK's leading developers. The business operates across London and the South, working with public and private sector clients to build more and better quality homes. This is driven by a shared vision that everyone deserves a great place to live.
Wates Residential applies a special type of regeneration to every scheme that it develops. This looks beyond bricks and mortar and is focused on supporting the wider long-term development of sustainable communities. By engaging with key stakeholder groups early, the team ensures that local needs are placed at the heart of every development.
The developer also looks to leave a positive lasting legacy in the communities where it operates by targeting local procurement, the creation of local training and employment opportunities, and investing in local charitable organisations and community groups.
We have a new opportunity for a Business Apprentice to join the Comms, PR and Community Investment team. This is an excellent chance for a new entrant to join a busy team and receive some excellent training that will prepare you for your future career.
- Provide general administrative assistance (travel bookings, arranging meetings, ordering stationery, dealing with emails, purchase orders etc.)
- Maintaining information on systems and databases
- Updating internal intranet and internet web page for our business as required
- Electronic filing
- Uploading information to social media sites, Twitter, Linked in and Yammer (in house messaging system)
- PowerPoint presentations
- With guidance, draft short case studies of site progress, people stories or Community Investment events
- Attend and support Community Investment and PR events.
- Desk research and reporting
- The determination to learn and develop new skills
- Desire to work towards an academic qualification
- A good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and willingness to learn other internal packages used by the business
- Any knowledge of InDesign (graphic package) would be desirable but training will be provided
- Basic photography (to take pictures at events for internal use)
- 5 GCSE’s Grades 4-9, including Maths and English (A-levels or equivalent would be an advantage but not essential)
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.