Start date: September 2020
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2020
Launch an exciting career by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship Programme! Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce.
Our three to four year Business Degree Apprenticeship offers a full degree without fees, plus vocational training with a regular salary! You'll gain both academic knowledge and on-the-job experience at our Airbus site in Broughton (near Chester), North Wales.
Airbus is leading the way with this Programme through which you will achieve a Bachelors of Science degree in Applied Business Management. As a Business Degree Apprentice you will join the Airbus Plant Industrialisation and Business Management team; who are responsible for major cost-reduction projects, savings of tens of millions of Euros for the company.
Professional accreditation can be achieved with the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Apprentices study towards ILM Level 4 Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management and ILM Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management. This is awarded from Swansea University.
The Apprenticeship is delivered via a combination of college based study and on-the-job practice. You will apply your studies on-the-job across a wide variety of business areas at our world leading aircraft manufacturer site in Broughton (near Chester), North Wales, and attend college at our training partners local facility at Coleg Cambria.
Throughout your time at Airbus you will gain broad exposure to our day to day operations and management of Aircraft production.
Business Apprentices will also experience placements in our Supply Chain Operations teams. The Supply chain and logistics organisation offers an exciting opportunity to work on a dynamic network between Global Suppliers, Broughton Plant, the Final Assembly Lines and the Procurement world.
The main purpose is to lead the end to end supply chain & logistics process for all procured goods in a fast-moving, digital environment. Whilst logistically being responsible for the planning and movement of all material on site, varying from small detailed kit preparation and deployment to oversized transport by air, land and sea.
As a business apprentice you will be involved in strategy development, as well as modification of product and plant industrialisation projects (e.g., step change), which will involve:
- Programme management: Supporting the planning and implementation of any adaptations to the shop floor working environment required as a result of Programme changes and/or new products being introduced into the production lines.
- Project management: Working in multifunctional teams to implement the identified required changes into the production line. (e.g. adaptations to the tools or jigs). It will be the role of our Business Apprentices to support, and eventually lead these changes.
- The Supply Chain and Logistics organisation offers an exciting opportunity to work on a dynamic network between Global Suppliers, Broughton Plant, the Final Assembly Lines and the Procurement world. The main purpose is to lead the end to end supply chain & logistics process for all procured goods in a fast-moving, digital environment. Whilst logistically being responsible for the planning and movement of all material on site, varying from small detailed kit preparation and deployment to oversized transport by air, land and sea.
To achieve the above, you'll develop a range of skills and techniques including problem solving, application of learning tools, lean methodologies, and project management, to map the existing processes in place, and make improvements for processes in the future.
In order to be eligible for this Apprenticeship, you must have a minimum of:
- Three A Levels at grade B or above with one being in Business Studies and a further three subjects such as IT, Economics, English Language, Maths or Welsh Baccalaureate.
- A Business BTEC Extended Diploma (18 Units) DDM grade can be accepted as an alternative to the three A Levels.
Please note that you must also include a cover letter as part of your application for this Programme which demonstrates your interest in aerospace and motivation to join the Apprenticeship.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email Apprentices@airbus.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.