Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of “work experience” either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice buddy who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event;
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz;
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their jobs roles and the fresh thinking they bring;
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Paid a competitive salary.
Are you someone who loves multi-tasking, organising and scheduling? Do you want to be able to be part of a team that is always learning while providing a first-rate support service to our Directors? Then our role as a Business Management Support Apprentice in our Customer Success Unit could be for you.
As a member of this team, you place more importance on learning than knowing. You leverage the power of differences and similarities to achieve the best results. You have passion for Microsoft’s cloud technology, energy to go the extra mile and are a self-starter with an eye for organisation and detail. Pushing yourself to grow and multi-tasking is what gets you going.
Level 6 Charted Manager Degree Apprenticeship
Our Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is a 4-and-a-half-year programme.
We use the to grow the critical skills that you need in this role. You will spend time away from your job training and growing your knowledge to bring back into your job and apply all you have learnt. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme and the modules of the programme are aligned to what you will be doing in your day to day job role. It is not an exam-based Degree Apprenticeship
- Manage and maintain our Azure Director’s calendar
- Manage and maintain his Intelligent Cloud rhythm of business, calendar and activities
- Coordinate domestic (and sometimes international travel)
- Manage expenses in a compliant and timely manner for our Azure Director and his 5 direct reports.
- Sync with the General Manager’s Business Manager on aligning our processes and operations and ensure tight coordination of executive and team commitments
Manage scheduling and logistics for his team meetings etc
- Budget responsibility for funding all-up team activities including all hands, morale events, intern activities etc
- Create and maintain all-up distribution lists for the organization
- Manage special projects as needed
Business processes and management
- Owning internal processes for the team, including creating Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, ordering Hardware/Software/Procurement.
- Providing guidance in line with the MS UK expense policy and educating assisting managers and their teams with policy.
- Updating and monitoring org charts and team aliases/distribution lists for each team.
- Provide support to new starters in your teams – getting them onboard quickly with the things they need including laptops.
- Delivering high quality and timely responses to incoming emails.
Be part of the Admin team
- Working closely with the Customer Success Amin team including business support and executive assistant to support your development and on the job training
Taking on stretch projects as and when required and opportunities arise.
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications