Business Support Apprenticeship - Herefordshire 2018
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
About Balfour Beatty and what we do
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based right here in Hereford.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Business Administration Apprenticeship on our Herefordshire Contract. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 2 in Business Administration qualification. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Business Administration Apprentice will include:
• Filing, scanning, data entry, processing and placing orders, processing business critical paperwork submitted to the department, booking rooms and emailing
• Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
• Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
• Organise and service meetings which involve taking and preparing minutes, and undertaking any follow up actions
• Minute taking may be complex, of a confidential nature and at a senior level for internal and external partners
Who we’re looking for:
• You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration.
• You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
• You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.