Cable Jointer Apprentice - Electricity North West - Various locations (from Manchester to Cumbria)
Not taking applications
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Employability Skills
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Facility Services
Cable Jointer Apprentice
Various Locations : Blackburn, Carlise, Oldham, Walkden, Workington
Electricity North West is a major employer. We’re champions of the North West and we’re proud that it’s our network that connects communities and helps keep the electricity switched on every minute of the day. Doing this is no mean feat and requires us to be adaptable in all that we do.
Electricity North West needs ambitious people like you to help us deliver an exceptional service to our customers across the North West and help us create a brighter, more sustainable future.
You’ll earn as you learn on our Cable Jointer Apprenticeship programme, which is aimed at providing you with the knowledge and technical skills needed for the role and creating our crafts people of the future.
Cable Jointers are responsible for installing and joining lengths of power cable together, as well as repairing and maintaining the cables which are critical to keeping our network running safely and successfully. You’ll be confident working in confined spaces and be comfortable working outside in all weathers.
Dependant on your base location you will gain the opportunity to work in diverse locations from urban Manchester to rural Cumbria.
Over a three year apprenticeship programme, we’ll give you the opportunity to experience what it’s really like to be a Cable Jointer. You’ll receive technical skills training, get hands-on experience, and have the opportunity to study for a Level 3 Power Network Craftsperson Apprenticeship. If you want to steer your future in the right direction and make a positive impact on the world around you, apply for our Apprenticeship programme today.
What’s in it for you?
- A starting salary of £12,699.44 per annum rising to circa £25,500.00 upon successful completion of your apprenticeship
- Fully funded sponsorship to study for a Level 3 Power Network Craftsperson Apprenticeship
- Annual leave starting at 26 days per year
- Membership of a defined contribution pension scheme offering an employer contribution of up to 14%
- Occupational health benefits including an Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of optional flexible benefits
- A professional mentor to support your development
Working within electricity distribution has never been so exciting. Electricity North West is going through significant periods of change with new technologies emerging and being developed. Our Cable Jointer Apprenticeship will provide you with a spring board to an exciting career within the power sector.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of five GCSE’s at 4 – 9 or A* - C (this must include Maths, English and a Science subject),
- Self-motivated team players with excellent attention to detail
- An interest in driving forward your own career development
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong customer focus
You will also need to demonstrate an understanding of the following behavioural competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Working in Teams
- Using Initiative
- Working Independently
Appointments to our Cable Jointer Apprentice programme will be under a 3 year training contract.
Your age doesn’t matter; we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We’re particularly keen to receive applications from women and candidates from minority ethnic groups. Offers will be made entirely on merit.
The closing date for the submission of an application is Monday 2 April 2018. We would encourage you to make an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.Sign-up or log in to apply