Canon- Corporate Communications and Marketing Apprentice
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Advertising & PR
- London remove
Ambitious, hungry and keen to start a new career in marketing? Canon are offering the opportunity to join the Corporate Communications and Marketing Services (CC&MS) team as an apprentice at Canon’s UK HQ in Reigate. You will be supported by a friendly and helpful team and benefit from the experience of a dedicated mentor. Expect the Exceptional.
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
The apprenticeship is a 15 month programme during which you will have the opportunity to work across the business becoming involved in activities as wide and diverse as:
- Campaign development with support of the Campaign Professionals
- Managing the Press Office and fielding enquiries
- Interaction with specialist and trade media
- Identifying influencers and managing influencer relations
- Monitoring Canon UK daily press coverage
- Drafting content including news releases, blogs, features and social posts
- Supporting and attending industry and influencer events
- Liaising with PR and social media agencies
- Supporting on internal communications, including helping collate and manage content for the internal magazine
- Plan and manage weekly social media content calendars, making sure all content is live and updated
- Support with community management on owned social channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world. Ideally you will have experience of a “Can Do” attitude, which will be key to success in this role.
>Demonstrate good communication skills – both written and verbal.
>Be able to plan and be fully committed to meet deadlines under pressure whilst working on multiple projects.
>Be confident, have a professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
>Computer literate – with a good understanding of MS Office.
In terms of educational qualifications to be considered for the apprenticeship you will need to have:
GCSE: 9 to 4 (formerly A* to C) in English Language or equivalent
GCSE: 9 to 4 (formerly A* to C) in Maths or equivalent
You will be a self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude
Demonstrate tenacity when faced with difficult situations, people or challenges
Have a desire to succeed!
Salary £13,000 plus 5% on target bonus
Location Reigate, Surrey
Please apply as soon as possible.
25 days holiday
Free Car Parking
Company Pension Scheme
Life Cover for those in the Pension Scheme
Location: Woodhatch, Reigate, RH2 8BF, London.Sign-up or log in to apply