Priority was established in 2016 and was set up with the objective to help streamline and connect health and wellbeing services through digital technologies. By tailoring digital products to each individual setting – from a GP practice to a local healthy lifestyle service – we can help integrate services, ease demand pressures and open the door to social prescribing.
Our company creates ground-breaking digital health products for the NHS and Public Health.
Cambridge is one of the leading tech-centres in the UK and we are based in a prime location, within 15 minutes’ drive of the city centre.
We want you to be a part of our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules.
We provide a dynamic and forward-looking working environment, coupled with an experienced team of developers, system operations engineers, and customer services/testing team. We are a small, close knit team of industry professionals, totalling over 70 years of experience.
The vibe is fun, fast-paced and hard-working. This is an opportunity to grow your career as the company grows, with the ability to develop in any number of directions.
We are looking for a Level 3 Apprentice to join our existing development team for a 13 - 15 month apprenticeship. You will help develop our established and successful platform, web applications and mobile apps.
Main role and responsibilities: [will include:]
- Working with the team on our existing platform and its on-going development
- Helping develop new modules or products
- Supporting the production of instructional documentation for training and sales
- Product support and bug fixing
- Assisting in the planning and estimation of development costs
- Basic PHP knowledge, and some exposure to PHP frameworks, such as Zend and Symfony
- An understanding of object orientated (OOP) methodologies
- Basic knowledge of MySQL database development and management
- Knowledge or understanding of RESTful APIs, SOAP APIs, JSON & XML
- Some experience with market leading CMS platforms (WordPress, Concrete 5, etc.)
- Knowledge of GIT or other version/source control
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
We will support and advise to enable you to successfully complete your qualifications.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.