CFAB Apprenticeship intake January 2019 - Business Tax
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Professional Qualifications
- Accounting & Tax
Joining as an apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
Our business tax team provide bespoke taxation services to clients and deal with queries from compliance through to advisory work. You'll prepare tax returns and computations, carry out tax planning/consultancy work and deal with HMRC, clients and third parties.
- corporation tax computations at both provision and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- deferred tax calculations for inclusion in the final statements, as required
· Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including obtaining relevant information from audit files etc
· Assist in dealing with client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment advice letters for review
· Assist with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
· Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc
· Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
· Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review
· Ensure deadlines are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
· Assist with general administrative duties
· Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping
· 5 GCSE's grade A*-C with a B or above in English language and maths (or international equivalent)
· Minimum of 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
· Basic technical and analytical skills
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Proven planning and prioritising skills
· Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
· Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
· Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
· Competent at relevant computer applications, Excel, Alphatax and PerTax
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.