C&G Level 2 Diploma in Access to Building Services Engineering (2000-02)
4 GCSEs at grade D (grade 3) or above including English, maths and science, or a relevant Level 1 qualification, plus a good school or college report commenting on attendance, punctuality, behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This intermediate qualification is for people thinking about a career in building services engineering and perhaps maintaining air conditioners or working as an electrician or a plumber.
Need some practical experience to make a career decision? This one year introductory qualification covers four areas of building services engineering:
- Electrical installation
- Heating and ventilation
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning.
Core units include:
- Understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of: -refrigeration and air conditioning operations -electrical installation operations -heating and ventilation operations -plumbing operations
- Carry out safe BSE working practices
- Apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Roles, responsibilities and procedures in BSE
- Apply scientific principles within mechanical services engineering.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering).
Where next - Job Opportunities
These qualifications do not lead directly to a job, but they prepare you to choose and start other qualifications. After taking another qualification, you could choose to work as:
- an electrician
- a plumber
- a heating and ventilation engineer
- an air conditioning engineer.