Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship Programme
Location- Andover, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Salary- the starting salary is determined by the individual department's pay ranges. You can find out more detail in the department candidate pack.
Join the Civil Service Government Property Profession, undertake an apprenticeship, get a degree and become a Chartered Surveyor.
We are looking for talented individuals eager to start a career in the property industry. We will pay for you to complete a property degree apprenticeship and provide you with the training and development you will need to become a Chartered Surveyor.
No previous experience is required. We will support you and provide opportunities to gain the knowledge, skills and experience to pass your apprenticeship.
What is required from you is:
- passion for learning and the desire to challenge yourself
- ability to communicate, influence and work with others to deliver aims and objectives
- self motivation to drive forward your own learning and development
- commitment to undertake and complete a degree level apprenticeship with the University College of Estate Management
- willingness to regularly travel to the different properties and sites managed by your department
Successful candidates will join one of these departments as part of their Estates Team, working in roles that can involve:
- Buying and selling of government buildings
- Managing the costs of construction
- Creating business cases to support decision making
- Managing lease events, such as rent reviews and lease renewals
- Dealing with the day to day management of your department’s estate including regular travel to the different sites across the UK.
We are looking for individuals who want to grow their skills; want to make a difference and want to be part of building a modern and sustainable government estate. You don’t need any prior experience - just a passion for property and the desire to learn. If this is you, then please apply!
1. GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English and maths or accepted current or prior equivalent maths and English qualification
2. 96 UCAS tariff points (2017 UCAS Tariff) or an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS tariff;
To have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying (L3, 4 or 5) or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained;
A current RICS Associate qualification (Assoc RICS)
An alternative qualification equal to 96 UCAS points - please use the ucas calculator for this (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator)
If you are a graduate you will not be eligible to apply as this apprenticeship is specifically designed to offer opportunities to non-graduates, to complement the various graduate programmes and senior entry routes also available on Civil Service Jobs.
Individuals who hold or who are working towards a similar qualification of the same level or higher will also not be eligible to apply.
Candidates who possess unrelated qualifications will be considered. In order to be eligible for the apprenticeship, any qualifications previously held or currently being worked towards must differ in content so that this apprenticeship provides substantial new skills.
If you apply and are found to possess any of the above, your application will not be considered and any offer of employment will be withdrawn and your contract terminated. If you are unsure on whether you will be eligible for this apprenticeship, please do contact the recruitment manager outlined on this job advert for advice.
- A degree without the debt
- Generous leave and bank holiday allowance
- Competitive contributory pension *
- Flexible working patterns (the apprenticeship requires a minimum working pattern of 30 hours per week)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave, more than the statutory requirement
- Interest free loans to help with cost of annual season ticket travel or a new bicycle
- The opportunity to use on-site facilities (where applicable)
- Shared parental leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Membership of the Government Property Profession with access to networking, development and career opportunities