The Fairlawns at Aldridge
Job title: Commis Chef
Place of work: Fairlawns Hotel
Responsible to: Head Chef, Sous Chef, Supervising Chefs
Overall function: To assist in maintaining and improving the standard of food
presentation, ensuring that food produced meets the standards
set down by the company in quality, quantity and presentation.
Main duties: 1. To act in accordance with all Company procedures with regard
to Fire, Health and Safety and Hygiene.
2. To maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in
all aspects of your work.
3. To prepare and cook food to the standards of quality and
presentation set by the company.
4. To understand the correct use and care of all kitchen
equipment and knife techniques.
5. To prepare food and mise-en-place in the assigned section of
6. To minimise wastage.
7. To ensure that the agreed portion sizes and menu
specifications are adhered to.
8. To carry out assigned work by job superiors - Head chef / Sous
Chef / Supervising Chefs
9. To undertake any other duty which may reasonably be
requested as the Company continually strives to create greater
The responsibilities outlined in this Job Description are subject to change to reflect
changes in the requirements of our customers.