A fantastic opportunity to begin your career in early year’s education has arisen.
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- To deputise for the Senior Early Years Practitioner.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Senior Early Years Practitioner. Main activities: · To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To undertake designated officer roles as directed.
- To work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families.
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
£ 170 per week
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
- GCSE English and Maths 4-9/A-C or equivalent
- Good written and spoken English
- Team player
Training to be Provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
- Practitioner Role
Full time Practitioner Role