Childminding Assistant Apprentice
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
Framework and Level: Early Years Level 2
Vacancy full description:
- To support the Employer in providing appropriate learning experiences for the children attending the Employer’s setting at any given time.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of those children.
- To liaise with parents/guardians of those children as requested by the Employer.
- To be in sole charge of the children at the setting for a maximum of 2 hours
- planning age appropriate activities for the Children;
- delivering those planned activities;
- observing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the progress of each of the Children; and
- reviewing, maintaining and updating records relating to each of the Children.
- work with the Employer to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Children at all times, whilst at the setting, in transit and at other places;
- ensure all visitors to the Employer’s setting are duly authorised by the Employer and sign the visitors’ book upon entry;
- soothe and comfort injured Children in line with the Employer’s policies and procedures; and
- administer first aid/medical care to the extent authorised by the Employer in line with parental/guardian consent and the childminding assistant’s qualifications and experience.
- Adhere to employer’s policies and procedures
- To provide parents/guardians with information about the Children to the extent authorised by the Employer and in line with the Employer’s policies and procedures.
- To be in sole charge of the children at the setting for a maximum of 2 hours, including in emergency situations, taking responsibility for ensuring compliance with appropriate Ofsted requirements at those times. It is a requirement that the employee completes a paediatric first aid course, paid for by the employer, in order to be in sole charge.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post that are required in order to deliver the job’s key responsibilities.
- To work within the policies, procedures and codes of conduct.
Pay/working Hours: £165 per week, 30 hours
Expected duration of the apprenticeship: 12 months
Training to be provided: Full on the job training to be provided and one day a week college attendance for underpinning knowledge. Candidate will work towards L3 Early Years NVQ, technical certificate, and functional skills, and employment rights and responsibilityTo support the Employer in providing appropriate learning experiences for the children attending the Employer’s setting at any given time. Application closed