You will provide new capacity and support to the teams across the GFM schools and buildings associated with the Children and Families team (CAFT).
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
1. Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
2. Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4 (A level)?
A typical day may consist of the following tasks and developed responsibilities:
- Manning of duty telephone and reception. Responsible for sending and receiving emails as directed
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries and ensuring messages are forwarded to the appropriate member of staff via voicemail, email or in person
- Contacting parents/carers/stakeholders as directed
- Conducting home visits and organisational visits as deemed necessary with colleagues
- Attending and observing meetings as directed
- Monitor and update case records/trackers and notes as directed and supported
- Supporting the monitoring of school attendance and contacting parents/carers
- Liaising with external agencies in their support of our associated children/young people and families
- Coordinating and co-facilitating supportive activities for parents/carers and/or children and young people
- Delivery of targeted support for identified children/young people
- General administration work as required
- Dealing with visitors and offering hospitality
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training and a high-quality work experience placement.
- Employability including CV and interview skills
- Help with confidence
- Prevent training
- Practical experience
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and reference as a minimum, to support future job applications. There may be opportunities for interview and progression onto an apprenticeship or into employment with training or further education.
Excellent progression onto an apprenticeship.
There will be progression onto a paid 6 month job role for an outstanding candidate.
For this role you will need:
- GCSE Passes in English and maths and/or equivalent level 1 and 2 qualifications
Either of the following:
- Post 16 qualification in childcare/youth work/family support
- Work experience in supporting children/young people and/ or families - this can be external to an educational environment
- Good communication skills with an empathic approachability
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude toward associated reception/telephone duties - as a first contact of the organisation
- Be able to demonstrate a competence in IT skills and some knowledge of MIS, and commonly used software for administration such as spreadsheets
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a commitment to the education and well-being of pupils
- Driving licence and use of transportation is desirable but not essential