Children's Activity Leader Apprenticeship
Are you passionate about developing a career leading children's activities?
The Children's Activities Leader Apprentice offers a great opportunity working with children aged 4 - 11 whilst working towards a Level 3 NVQ. As an apprentice you will be part of a dedicated team of Sports Coaches, Children's Activities Leaders and Regional Managers, ensuring a safe and secure environment is provided to children, delivering a dynamic and engaging daily club programme of activities within a Breakfast, After school and Holiday club setting.
Your Apprenticeship programme
This one year Diploma in play work will develop your skills and knowledge of delivering a range of fun activities to primary school children. It will provide you with a vocational pathway into areas of childcare and play work, such as Breakfast and After School Care Club Assistants / Supervisor, Holidays Activities Leader or Care Club Manager.
During your apprenticeship you will be supported by a Regional Manager and Apprentice Assessor. As well as gaining new skills and experience you will study:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Play work
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Level 2 Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Paediatric First Aid.
This element of the Apprenticeship programme will be delivered by SCL Education & Training, part of the SCL Group.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Provide and support a safe and secure environment for all children at a range of clubs.
- Assist with the managing and maintenance of club ratios and registers of all children attending SCL's clubs
- Build effective relationships with parents and school staff.
- Assist with the planning and development of activities ensuring a stimulating environment
- Assist with the management of the club's programme of activities
- Assist with the maintenance of supplies and resources within the school settings
Days and shifts TBC. Shifts vary from 7:30 am- 6:30 pm. The position is full-time 37.5 hours.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
Where could your SCL apprenticeship take you?
- Holiday centre worker or manager
- Holiday representative
- Play therapist
- School lunchtime supervisor
- Youth and community worker