Civil Engineering Apprenticeship
Why join us?
Across the country, you'll ﬁnd iconic landmarks built by Sir Robert McAlpine. Cornwall's Eden Project, the National Stadium in Wales, Birmingham's Bull Ring, London's Emirates Stadium.
By joining us now, you can play your part in delivering the next generation of outstanding projects that will continue our 150-year legacy. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
The Civil Engineering apprentice role
You'll learn how interpret design information to build a project safely, on time, to the correct line and level and in accordance with the design specification. You will work with a diverse range of disciplines with internal and external stakeholders taking in account areas such as; health and safety, sustainability, environmental, quality, time and cost.
You will develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology.
Subject to your ability and drive, in due course you can become a Chartered Engineer.
We offer apprenticeships across the UK in a range of levels and disciplines, from site-based roles to support functions. Our apprenticeships offer structured development, providing the perfect launch pad for your career. During your apprenticeship with us, you will get:
- On-going support from experienced professionals within the business
- Training in line with your qualification to help personal development
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Regular reviews from your training provider and business mentor
- Opportunity to progress onto further development upon successful completion of first apprenticeship
- Options to attend career events and promote the business
A suitable level of apprenticeship will be discussed with you at interview stage and will depend on your prior academic achievement and experience. Typically, we look for the below:
- For Level 2 (intermediate) apprenticeships: Maths and English at C / Grade 4 (desirable) — but we will help you achieve this if required
- For Level 3 (advanced) apprenticeships: have the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*–C or 9–4, including Maths, Science and English
- For Level 4/5 & 6 (higher & degree) apprenticeship: have A levels typically at B,B,B or a relevant BTEC qualification Merit or above
- Have a passion for problem solving
- Be interested in construction, engineering and the latest technology
- Work experience (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Driving Licence (desirable)
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.