Location: Flexible our main hubs are in Glasgow, Birmingham, and London
Salary: £17,500 per annum + excellent benefits
Are you looking for a career with the opportunity to learn while you earn? Do you want to be a part of a Global company who will invest in your development and future career?
You will be working in our Claims team which supports our customers in their time of need. We put the customer at the heart of everything that we do, and we need like-minded people to join us on our journey.
Our apprenticeship programme runs between 12-18 months which is just the start of your professional learning with your career at Zurich. The topics you will learn vary from:
- Customer Service Skills
- Understanding the Insurance Market
- Understanding Commercial Awareness
- Completion of the CII Certificate in Insurance Professional Qualification
Our Claims Apprenticeship is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career with one of the world’s most successful insurance companies. You’ll be able to earn and learn in an apprenticeship role that will give you a job with responsibility from day one.
So, what will you be doing?
Our apprenticeships cater for a variety of different skillsets and interests and you’ll receive all the training, support, and opportunities you need to set you on your way to a successful career with us.
Our Claims function is a large team spread across the UK and is key to us delivering our promises to our customers. We provide our customers with a clear, collaborative, effortless and personal experience and as a Claims apprentice you will deliver on this commitment. You will deal with a wide range of situations and our customers will rely on you for a quick, professional and empathetic response to an often-stressful time.
What skills are we looking for?
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong skills in relationship building
- The ability to work in a team- you will need to work with other departments and consult with others, teamwork is key to our success to keep all the moving parts turning
- Effective personal planning and organisation- it can get quite busy at times so you will need to be organised. Customers rely on us, so we need to be good at managing ours, and their time.
- Appetite to learn and achieve professional qualifications- we are investing in you, are you willing to invest in yourself?
- The talent to deliver excellent customer service- The customer is at the heart of everything we do. We need you to live and breathe this ethos.
What else will you need?
- In England - A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 including Maths and English. In Scotland 5 National Grade 5's at Grade C or above
- A Level qualifications or equivalent would be advantageous.
- To study a level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
- A professional attitude with a positive ‘can do’ approach to your work
It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As an aspiring individual, you’ll be encouraged and guided to develop the skills you need. And as part of a diverse, international team, you’ll have all the opportunities you need to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
To find out more and apply, please visit www.zurich.co.uk/earlycareers
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we encourage applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
*Please note you need to have the right to work in the UK for this role and be settled in the UK prior to 31st December 2020 in order to apply.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.