Claims Apprentice with Kennedys
Our claims apprenticeships are designed to help springboard you into a successful career in the insurance world by providing you with a mixture of studying and learning within the workplace.
This apprenticeship is aimed at those that have completed A-levels or equivalent studies and will provide a broad understanding of the insurance market. We offer the Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship, which takes 15 months to complete and will lead to the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) qualification. This programme will develop your knowledge in the claims handling process, insurance broking and insurance underwriting, as well as developing your market knowledge and commercial awareness to prepare you for a career in the insurance industry. In addition to a dedicated supervisor at Kennedys, you will have a tutor and skills coach to ensure that you have all the support you need at work and with your studies. We offer a competitive salary paying at least the UK Living wage, give you the opportunity to earn whilst you learn.
Duties may include:
- Developing a core technical knowledge in Insurance and in particular a key area of practice (i.e. professional indemnity)
- Exposure to international claims (USA, Latin America, Asia, Middle East and Australasia).
- Plays a pivotal role in file administration and ensuring that data is accurately and comprehensively posted onto the claims management system
- Develops the ability to construe insurance policies
- Takes responsibility for managing their own case load and identifies issues requiring escalation at an early stage
- Utilising their investigative skills and insurance knowledge to make sound commercial judgements
- Has the ability to draft reports/referrals to Insurer clients
- Works closely with their supervisor on marketing initiatives
- Real client exposure and the opportunity to raise your profile within the insurance market
- 8 GCSEs A-C including English & Mathematics
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent