Primary Purpose: Calvert Kielder needs to look great, inside and out and the role of the domestic is to undertake cleaning in areas as directed to ensure all areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition in order to provide a professional and customer friendly service to our guests and visitors.
To work as part of the staff team and be responsible for maintaining exceptionally high standards of cleanliness within Calvert Kielder.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the cleaning of all areas of the centre, chalets and any other Calvert Kielder property to the highest of standards and in line with policies and procedures.
- To maintain security of guest accommodations and contents.
- To launder and store linen.
- To make beds and change bedding in guest accommodations.
- To operate machinery as required.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To be responsible for sets of keys and for ensuring the security and integrity of areas of cleaning.
- To report maintenance issues as per policy and procedures.
- To adhere to the Health and Safety Policy and Procedure.
- To fully understand the confidential nature of the work and deal with any information in a sensitive manner.
- To participate in the Performance review Process.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary due to operational requirement.
Essential – A flexible approach to working hours, good communication skills and good customer care skills.
Desirable – NVQ L1 / 2 with previous experience of commercial cleaning. Experience of working with disabled people. The ability to work with others
Once placed you will be required to complete a DBS (we are able to assist with this).
Starting salaries and hours of work vary but the following is indicative
£14,000 - £15,500 per annum
On site accommodation available