Vision Apprentices are working with Kennedys to recruit a Legal Apprentice to work in their Chelmsford office. Kennedys is a top 30 leading law firm and is recognised both nationally and internationally. They are known for their expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries.
They have a network of over 1200 people across the UK and Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East. In the UK from an initial base in the City of London they have ten offices spanning major business centres.
Their culture and values form a big part of who they are and they take them seriously. They are built upon being approachable, supportive, straightforward and distinctive. These values are at the core of who they are and what makes them a great firm to work with and for.
Kennedys are offering legal apprenticeships designed to help springboard you into a successful career in the legal world. Kennedys is a top 30 leading law firm and is recognised both nationally and internationally. They are known for our expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries.
If you are an A Level leaver or equivalent, you will have the opportunity to join the firm on their structured programme which combines work-based learning through support from Kennedys with academic learning through CILEx gaining nationally recognised qualifications.
The apprenticeship is made up of two phases:
1. A two year Advanced Apprenticeship: CILEx Level 3 Diploma in Providing Legal Services
2. A two year Higher Apprenticeship: CILEx Level 4 Diploma in Providing Legal Services.
During the apprenticeship you will be immersed in the legal work carried out by Kennedys - assisting lawyers with their cases, having your own responsibilities within the team, carrying out legal research and building relationships with our clients.
You will work in one of the teams whilst being supervised and mentored by a lawyer.
The main duties and responsibilities
- Carry out document management including requests, scanning, faxing and filing
- Carry out any photocopying, binding and bundling as required
- Produce standard correspondence as required
- Sort and filter DX and post as required
- Engage in diary management and assist in the organisation of meetings or small events
- Hand deliver documents to court and other offices when required
- Handle telephone communication from internal colleagues and external clients
- Assist the fee earners in managing and monitoring their email and voicemails
- Become a front end super user of internal systems and IT programmes such as K2 and e disclosure tools.
- Assist with the implementation of change projects and liaise with Business Services staff as required
- Assist fee earners with caseload, subject to close supervision, working efficiently, effectively and economically.
- Open and close legal files on Kennedys case management system
- Carry out basic legal research, under supervision, when requested
Liaise with clients in a professional manner.
- Operate the firm's Quality Procedures and Information Security Systems as specified in the current version of the Quality Procedures and Security Policy contained on the Kennedys Intranet.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation, data and information.
- Assist and co-operate in the overall efficient running of the Team by liaising with other partners, fee earners and support staff in the Team and contributing to Team meetings and exchanging information and ideas.
- To comply with all necessary training and any work associated with it
- Operate safely in the workplace
- To be subject to close supervision on a day-to-day basis, liaising with the partners on a regular basis. To work on own initiative.
- To undertake other related duties and responsibilities within the Team and firm as required.
This is a developing role and the job profile is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm policy.
- To conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- Uphold and promote company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity.
- Keep up to date, so far as necessary, for the efficient executing of your job, with new legislation, procedures and techniques.
- To be conversant with and participate in activities and developments relevant to the post.
- To maintain strict confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing both Vision Apprentices and our clients.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the post.