Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of “work experience” either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice buddy who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event;
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme;
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz;
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their jobs roles and the fresh thinking they bring;
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Paid a competitive salary.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Solution Engineer Apprentice in our Data & AI apprentice to join our team to support cloud initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with our solution architects, customers and our Microsoft account teams.
Once you have undergone the required training and qualifications as part of our apprenticeship, this will be a role in which you get the opportunity to take part in internal development projects as well as customer engagements.
The role of a qualified Cloud Solution Engineer Apprentice includes technical customer engagements such as architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
Our mission is to grow you over the apprentice programme in to a Cloud Solutions Architect. Your first year will be spent learning in the team and being with our customers.
Java, C#, Python etc.) or you are keen to lean fast. You will learn about solutions architecture from some of the very best CSAs in the world and will get to build your own.
At Microsoft we are all about your potential. We love apprentices who are a self-starter’s and have initiative. Being curious, great listening skills, and a hunger to learn about our business are a must.
We are looking for an individual with:
- A “growth mindset” – ready to take on new challenges, continuously striving to learn and grow, whilst working in a flexible, diverse and inclusive culture.
- Curiosity and active listening skills
- Experience and passion for learning; implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Determination and persistence to exceed goals and expectations
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- An interest in technology (AI) and desire to learn how it can help enable individuals and organisations to achieve more
Level 6 Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship
Our Level 6 Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship is a 4-and-a-half-year programme.
We use the to grow the critical skills that you need in this role. You will spend time away from your job training and growing your knowledge to bring back into your job and apply all you have learnt. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme and the modules of the programme are aligned to what you will be doing in your day to day job role. It is not an exam-based Degree Apprenticeship.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English & 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications