This opportunity is no longer open to applications - Please scroll down to see related opportunities.
From a different angle.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, and where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, why not join HSBC on this apprenticeship and your future will be rich with potential. HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 66 countries and territories. Our size and global reach mean we offer many ways for you to develop your career.
Within HSBC, Commercial Banking serves millions of business customers, from small enterprises and mid-market companies to large multinationals. We provide the services and expertise that businesses need to thrive.
We currently have full-time degree apprenticeship opportunities with Commercial Banking, based in the Midlands that are suitable for candidates and who are interested in pursuing a BSc (Hons) in Banking Practice and Management.
We’re passionate about you and your career. The Degree Apprenticeship is a structured 4-year programme that helps you to gain the skills and behaviours to progress your career within commercial banking and the knowledge to attain a degree with the London Institute of Banking and Finance. The programme enables you to work in 4 different functions of Commercial banking, ideally progressing into a more senior position after 2 years. The programme includes development days to improve your technical knowledge, personal skills and network both internally and externally. You will have a dedicated mentor who will help and guide you. There will also be support during your final year to help you secure a permanent position.
What will I be doing?
- You will deal exclusively with commercial customers, and will be responsible for providing great service
- Building relationships with our customers by truly listening to their needs – and supporting them with the products and services that are right for them
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too!
What do I need to be successful in this role?
We’re looking for committed and driven people who wish to pursue a career in banking.
As you will be balancing your day to day job and studying for the degree, it is essential that you can manage your own time, set yourself manageable targets and people to work with others to help you to successful in your role, deliver an excellent service whist developing yourself.
What to expect
At HSBC we value every member of our team, we take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with tailored development plan and internal career opportunities. In addition to on-the-job training, you will have access to the wider learning and development curriculum offered at HSBC, including HSBC University, as well as opportunities to join our Employee Network Groups and participate in sustainability activities.
We can offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate for this role must have:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English at Grade C and Mathematics at a Grade B (or equivalent)
- 112UCAS points across 3 A ‘levels (not including General Studies) (or equivalent)
Candidates with international qualifications, please apply for an equivalency certificate from Naric before completing your application. Please follow the link to apply for the equivalency certificate:
Submitted applications without an equivalency certificate risk automatic rejection or significant delays in application processing
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Must be an external candidate
- Must be able to regularly commute to one of the midlands locations: Leicester & Birmingham
Other desirable qualities are:
- Being highly proactive and effectively managing your own time
- Being an effective networker with the ability to maintain positive working relationships
- Experience of the working with customers or people through volunteering or work experience
All successfully candidates will complete a mandatory apprenticeship programme including the BSc Banking & Finance
Please note – Any candidate who already have a degree in Financial Services or level 6 Financial Services apprenticeship would not be eligible for this role. Please continue to our careers page to see what alternative opportunities we have available.
The applications are due to close on 26 April 2019, however we reserve the right to close the applications early.