Commercial Customer Associate, HSBC Apprenticeship - Leicester
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Customer Service
- Banking and Finance
Commercial Customer Associate, HSBC Apprenticeship
Competitive salary and benefits package
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Business Banking is central to delivering HSBC's purpose- connecting our customers to opportunities and supporting entrepreneurs as fulfil their hopes and dreams.
As a Business Banking Apprentice you will be employed on a full time basis in a Commercial Customer Associate role. You will be based in the contact centre network and responsible for providing high quality service to our customers. You will be focussed on delivering excellent customer service and be proactive in creating solutions to resolve queries for our business customers.
Your day-to-day responsibilities as a Commercial Customer Associate:
- Provide world-class level of service over the telephone supporting our business customers to succeed.
- Listen to customers to identify and understand their current and future needs, and providing the right solution to meet those needs.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s full range of products & services to enable you to connect the customer with other colleagues who can support their entire business journey.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure every need of the customer can be met within the wider HSBC teams.
- Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
- Provide excellent service, going above and beyond customer’s expectations on every single call.
- Treat Customers Fairly at the heart of all that you do.
Your Apprenticeship with HSBC
- You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Services (equivalent to NVQ Level 3)
- You will gain Certificate in Business Banking & Conduct (Cert BB&C®)
The Scheme has no prescribed timescale for completion as we recognise people learn at different speeds; however the average time to complete an Apprenticeship is between 14 - 18 months.
- Gain the opportunity to study more widely about the place of work and customer service, better equipping you for future roles.
- Gain satisfaction and self-confidence from the knowledge your capabilities have been successfully assessed against an established national framework.
- Gain the necessary foundation in skills and knowledge that will allow you to progress your career and make the most of the further opportunities open to you.
HSBC is committed to supporting and developing its staff. The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Scheme and the experience gained through the Business Specialist role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career further with us and explore multiple development opportunities that are available to all of our colleagues.
What will be expected from you?
- We ask for your commitment to develop and learn, and to be willing to devote some of your own time to see the programme through to the end
- During your time in the office you will be collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive feedback from a dedicated Talent Coach. This is averaged over a 14 - 18 month period and includes time spent at the beginning of the programme completing ‘sign-up’ & functional skills assessments, as well as time to take examinations.
- This role will require you to work 35 hours per week. The department opening hours are 8.00am to 10:00pm, Monday to Sunday. You will be allocated a shift pattern within these hours.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate for this role must have:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics at Grade C or above
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong customer focus
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to forge strong relationships
- Experience of the work place is desirable through volunteering or work experience
- A desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Be highly proactive and effectively manage your own time
- Be an effective networker with the ability to maintain positive working relationships
Our Customer Services Apprenticeship is part of our School Leaver Programme therefore we do not accept applications from candidates holding/pursuing a university degree.
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions to 17% (10% core, and up to 7% matched)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holidays with the option to buy 5 more days
- Life insurance 4x your annual salary (with opportunity to buy up to 10 x salary through salary sacrifice)
- Group Income protection (minimum 60% of net salary in the event you are unable to work due to illness)
- Bupa health care for you and your family (worth up to £775)
- Multiple employee discounts through ‘Perks at Work’ platform
- Share plan scheme
- My Choice - Flexible benefits scheme with tax and National Insurance savings available on a range of benefits through salary sacrifice
- Annual discretionary bonus
What’s more, you’ll have access to offsite parking, as well as an internet café and subsidised sports and social club.
Please note – this Apprenticeship Scheme is a School Leaver Programme and we will only accept applications from those without a degree qualification or equivalent.
This is not a graduate programme.