Commis Chef Apprentice
Employer: Draycote Hotel
A commis chef prepares food and carries out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef. The primary objective of the commis chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen.
Whilst studying for this qualification you will be developing the knowledge, skills and behaviour that are key to the role.
These may include:
- Principles of basic food preparation and cooking
- Food safety standards, practices and procedures
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- Identifying knives and equipment and their specific uses among other things
Weekly wage: £200.00
Working week: Shifts weekend as weekend, morning, afternoon, evening, in accordance with departmental rota and requirements of the business
Total hours per week: 37.00 hours
Expected duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 08 December 2021
- A genuine interest in the job role is important together with a committed, responsible behaviour.
- GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths