Commis Chef - Bekynton - Sodexo - Eton College Bekynton
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Hospitality and Catering
Eton College are looking to appoint an Apprentice Commis Chef to cook and prepare meals for up to 600 pupils, staff and visitors at the Bekynton dining halls.
40 Hours over 5 days a week.incl evenings and weekends.
Detailed Job Description:
* Assist the Executive Chef and wider kitchen team in the delivery of freshly prepared meals for the boys and staff of Eton College.
* The role will consist of catering for over 600 people per day producing and preparing ingredients and menu items for breakfast, lunch and supper.
* The kitchen of the main dining room (Bekynton) also prepares a variety of food and will involve catering for functions for the Masters Common Room on a daily basis.
* Fresh seasonal produce is used wherever possible and prepared from scratch, Apprentices must have a passion for excellent quality food.
* Apprentices will receive training and will be required to adhere to statutory standards of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Safety, Cleaning and all open and close-down cleaning of equipment and utensils.
* Understanding and application of stock control, stock rotation and menu costings to ensure maximum profitability and quality.
*To assist the Head Chef with preparation, cooking and serving of meals for pupils and masters at Eton College including additional Function/Event Catering.
*Team player with the ability to be flexible
*Good communication skills
*An ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative
*Ability to work calmly whilst under pressure in order to meet deadlines
*General interest in/passion for good food and taking pride in the food that is produced.
*Hard-working and positive with a 'can-do' attitude.
*Ability to prioritise conflicting tasks and support other team members throughout the shift.
*Passionate about excellent standards with superb attention to detail.
*Adaptable to changing priorities with excellent communication skills.
*Confident enough to handle and resolve issues to a satisfactory outcome.
All appointments with the College will be subject to two references, a medical report and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, all of which must be satisfactory to the College. In addition the College is required to contact any former employers in whose employment the applicant has worked or volunteered with children.
This role involves working at one of the most prestigious Schools in the world where high standards of presentation, customer service and catering provisions are essential.
The role can be physically demanding but is also rewarding so will suit individuals who wish to progress within the Hospitality Industry.
Successful applicants will be subject to reference checks and Enhanced DBS Disclosure checks.