In the Communications Group we look for apprentices wanting a career supporting electrical and electronic maintenance and trials across a number of facilities and sites in the UK.
Many of our facilities are the best in Europe and among the best in the World. We deliver to both military and commercial customers and pride ourselves on the fact that we do interesting work. The nature of the work is very interesting and this isn’t your average day on a production line on or in general industry. You won’t be doing the same thing every day; you will be able to develop yourself and take some of the countless opportunities available to you!
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Providing electrical and electronic maintenance and operation of radar, radio and communications equipment used during trials of military type equipment.
- Provide support, at sea or on shore, during trials.
- Providing some additional support to other teams and facilities within the Communications Group, and within the wider RF, Networks and Communications Discipline (travel dependent).
- Underpinning test and evaluation of battle winning capability for UK armed forces.
- Contributing to some of most challenging, high profile science and technology programmes in the UK.
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a range of military and commercial customers.
- Support work to make our customer and our nation better.
- Contribute to customer Test and Evaluation trials of military equipment
- Determine the best way for our customers to use and exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of an apprentice programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Gain opportunities in experiencing and supporting other teams within the Communications Group, and within the wider RF, Networks and Communications Discipline (travel dependent)
- Get access to training to develop your technical and personal skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of English & Maths GCSE grade 4 (C) or above.
- Be willing to challenge and develop yourself by learning new knowledge and skills.
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace.
- Have a keen interest in technology and engineering.
- Hold full British Citizenship.
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!